Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to maintaining a high level of trust with all clients and prospective clients. We will adhere to the principles of applicable data protection and privacy laws in each country of operation. All data collected about you whether directly or indirectly will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Types of Information Collected and Used
TRT collects Personal Data so that we can provide a customised experience to meet your needs. Examples of Personal Data that we collect but is not limited to:
- Personal information about you which may include name, personal particulars, contact details, preferences, family background, family members, educational information, demographic data, payment history;
- Data generated during the course of your continual relationship and dealings with TRT. For instance, academic records and progression, academic performance, learning capabilities, instructions given by you to arrange class enrolments, replacements, withdrawals, and other information and records you choose to provide by various modes of communication including mail, telephone, text messaging, email, forms, internet and market research;
- Information from cookies and/ or other technologies adopted for the analysis of website usage or other information technology applications that may be used and developed by TRT;
During the course of your continued relationship with TRT, we may record any of our services or service-related material. As such, we may collect video recordings, images, or audio recordings of you (“Audio-Visual Material”). The Audio-Visual Material form part of the Personal Data collected by TRT.
Purposes for which Information is Collected, Used and Disclosed
TRT collects Personal Data (whether directly or indirectly) from you, your family members, your authorised representatives, publicly available sources, our website, online services and any other channels including emails, phone conversations and face-to-face interactions with our Staff.
The purposes (collectively referred to as “Permitted Purposes”) for which TRT collects, uses and discloses Personal Data include:
- To process applications for TRT’s products and services
- To provide, operate and administer TRT products and services, business or financial transactions, and to maintain service quality levels and train staff;
- To facilitate and administer the Services which you enrolled for;
- To provide product-related support, including the provision of administrative and technical support;
- To facilitate the operations which include but is not limited to student analysis and/ or profiling, class and student management, payment administration and statistical analysis;
- To maintain accurate client information and enable customised experiences
- To manage TRT’s relationship with you, which may include providing information on TRT products and services, where specifically consented to or where permissible under applicable laws and regulations;
- To send you marketing information about our services and notifying you of our marketing initiatives;
- For use in marketing material distributed by TRT whether physical or digital, including but not limited to posts on social media, brochures, promotional videos and print advertisements;
- To enable the development and testing of new product(s) and service(s);
- To facilitate the development and refinement of existing product(s) and service(s);
- To perform internal management, operate management information systems, execute and enable internal and external audits;
- To enforce or defend the rights of TRT and our Staff
- To comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/ or regulatory authority;
- For safety, legal and regulatory compliance; and
- Any other incidental business purpose related to or in connection with the above.
TRT reserves the right to disclose your Personal Data for any of the Permitted Purposes to:
- Professional advisors, third party service providers, agents or contractors engaged to perform one (1) or more of the above listed Permitted Purposes for and on behalf of TRT under a duty of confidentiality;
- Any person or entity which is part of TRT, although only to the extent necessary to fulfil the Permitted Purposes;
- Any person to whom disclosure is required under applicable laws or regulations;
- Any court, tribunal, regulator, or other authority to whom disclosure is necessary under applicable laws or regulations.
If TRT needs to use your Personal Data for any other purposes than the Permitted Purposes, we will obtain your consent beforehand. You will be given the right to withhold or withdraw your consent of the usage of your personal data for these other purposes.
Transfer of Information
As TRT deems fit and/ or necessary, data and information held by us may be transferred to data storage facilities or third party service providers outside Singapore. Regardless of the location where the Personal Data is transferred or stored, TRT will make reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks to your Personal Data. However, we cannot be held responsible for any unauthorised or unintended use, access or disclosure that is beyond our control.
Retention of Information
TRT reserves the right to retain all data collected whether directly or indirectly. We will retain your Personal Data in accordance with the prevailing legal, regulatory, business and operational obligations. TRT may access, use, develop and amend any of the data provided to us in accordance with the Permitted Purposes at any point of time during our operation, even if the student has graduated or dropped out mid-way through their enrolled course.
Right of Access
You have the right to request a copy of your Personal Data that is currently held by us and to request for any inaccurate Personal Data to be rectified. You may submit your request by mail or email.
TRT may be prevented by law from complying with any request that you may make. We may also decline any request that you may make if the law permits us to do so.
TRT reserves the right to charge an administrative fee (to be advised by TRT and/ or Authorised Officer) for providing you with a copy of your Personal Data. If a fee is to be charged, you will be notified of the amount beforehand. We will only process your request after the payment has been received.
TRT’s website utilises “cookies” to optimise your experience while browsing our website. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your browser to store and track information about your use of our website such as the frequency of use, profiles of users and their preferred sites. While this cookie can tell us when you enter our sites and which pages you visit, it cannot read data off your hard disk.
Advertisements on our websites may be provided by third party advertisers and their agencies. These may generate cookies to track that particular advertisement. Our website may also contain links to and from third party websites that may or may not have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check the policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable in any event for any special, exemplary, punitive, indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any kind or for any loss of reputation or goodwill, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), equity, strict liability, statute or otherwise, suffered as a result of unauthorised or unintended use, access or disclosure of your personal data.
This Policy is governed by the laws of Singapore. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore in any dispute relating to this Policy.
The Rationale Thinking Learning Centre
121 Bishan Street 12, #01-89,
Singapore 570 121